Satin Bonnet with Straps
Satin Bonnet with Straps
Have you ever woken up in the morning to find your satin bonnet, or your satin headscarf anywhere but on your head? Well, satin bonnets that won't stay on are about to become a thing of the past!
These satin bonnets from Silkonstans have:
- an elasticated headband for a comfortable fit;
- and two straps to keep them secure all night long.
Choose from burgundy, black, and gold and enjoy softer, sleeker hair for longer.
What is satin?
Contrary to popular belief, the term "satin" actually refers to the weave of a fabric, and not the material itself. It describes fabrics that are typically glossy or shiny on one side and dull on the other.
It is this type of weave that makes for a great protective bonnet for naturally curly and afro hair. The construction of the fabric helps your delicate hair strands to glide across its surface, rather than snagging. It also is less absorbent than cotton.
Benefits of Satin
- Satin helps retain moisture in your hair, as satin fabrics are much less absorbent than cotton. So, the products that you apply to your hair to keep it hydrated, stay in your hair and not in your bonnet while you sleep. Unlike cotton, it does not absorb moisture. This means shinier and smoother hair for you, and for longer too.
- The smooth surface that satin creates helps to reduce breakage caused by friction. So, whether you choose to wear your afro or curly hair loose under your bonnet, or perhaps you're wearing a protective style – your strands and your edges will encounter much less catching, tugging, and snagging.
- Satin can also help to minimise frizz, preserving your wash and go styles for longer, or helps your mini twists, or the cornrows you wear under your wig – the possibilities are endless and truly unique to your hair care routine and preferences. Either way, it helps to maintain the natural definition of your hair and keeps your hairstyles neater for longer.
- Although it may appear to be very delicate, it is also a resistant fabric. Plus, with the additional straps, you have the potential to use your satin bonnet for much longer than your average bonnet, simply tuck the straps in until you need them, and tighten them over time.
We selected these bonnets from French Black-Owned Brand, Silkonstans as they have solved the issue of satin bonnets that fall off at night with an affordable, high quality, and stylish accessory. Their philosophy is to encourage consistency in natural hair care and we are confident that this satin bonnet will do just that.
When it comes to caring for your satin bonnet, we recommend that you wash it on wash days. It is important to keep your bonnet clean, and wearing a fresh bonnet on freshly washed hair is good practice.
We advise you to handwash your satin bonnet, with lukewarm to cold water and with a gentle cleanser, rinsing well. Do not use bleach.
Do not wring or twist the fabric, but ensure that you squeeze out any excess water and leave it to air dry.
"Excellent small business. I was so impressed with the packaging and the level of care. Genuine company where I will definitely be buying from again."
- PRETI PARMAR-
Turn wash day into wash hour.
HERE'S HOW YOU DO IT
This lays the foundation for any good hairstyle! It’s the most important part of caring for your hair.
You want to cleanse your hair and scalp weekly using a shampoo such as the Color Awakening Hairbath.
Now it’s time to style how you are most comfortable. For wash and gos, you will want a botanical gel, for twist outs you will want a cream or a foam.
Once you have styled, you can dry your hair with a diffuser or a hood dryer.